Thread: Hood Decal
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 11:55 AM   #11
TylerRNEMT

Re: Hood Decal

Sorry for the huge pictures....not sure why the forum doesn't automatically resize those!

As far as the hood stripe goes @AlloyPony.... I would recommend the matte over the gloss, but this would be personal preference. The side stripes, spoiler, and chin spoiler from the factory are all more a satin or matte than a gloss so I feel a gloss stripe on the hood would be out of place. Definitely do it yourself for the $40 dollar AM one. As long as they're repainting the hood anyway you won't have any issue with outlines or ghosting.

The AM one is slightly narrower in front of the shaker than OEM and was around $40. The Graphic Express one is the same size as OEM as far as I've been told...I think it was around $75. .... Either way you will still be saving a fair amount over letting the body shop do it. It's pretty easy to do as long as you use enough soapy water as a lubricant. This allows you to move it around and get it exactly where you want before squeeching it out from underneath. I learned the hard way not to lean on the original plastic cowl while putting on the strip though :/. Mine was brittle enough from over the years It broke and I had to buy a replacement.

-Tyler
TylerRNEMT is offline   Reply With Quote