View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 10:15 AM   #20
LXS

Re: Stereo Upgrade Journey Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrad88 View Post
the speakers are very much a personal preference type thing. I debated staying with the 5x7/6x8 for the doors as the 5.25 round is the only real option for the doors. there is more cone surface area to the 5x7/6x8 driver but i prefer the sound of the round cone. nothing wrong with the oval cone. Went with focal all the way around with a 6.5 co-ax for rear fill and a bazooka 8 inch passive tube for the sub. I have always preferred 8 inch subs as I like more of a fast attack bass. waiting on some dyna mat to be delivered to finish the back deck, a little wiring clean up and start putting the carpet in and re-assemble...
As far as “performance,” the industry seems to only make 6x9 or round speakers and very little for 5x7/6x8s. So yeah, if I swap my set up out again, I’ll be getting some 6x8 to 6.5” adapters for the front and rear. Then after that, the next thing to ponder is, do I stick with the Alpine Type R tweeters (I picked up a 2nd pair for the rear a couple weeks ago), or go with matching tweeters from B2 Audio or Deaf Bonce?! (We need a shrugging emoji lol)

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
t45 swap (BEST decision of my life!!!)
Don't fear the gear!

I'm not a real mechanic, I just play one online...
LXS is offline   Reply With Quote