View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #33
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Re: Here's list of who's going to the 45thAnniv.Mustang Show 4/15-17/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEMACHON View Post
Add me to the list. I too can vouch for Barber Motorsports Park. It is an excellent venue for this event. I was there for the MCA's 30th Celebration Labor Day weekend 2006. Birmingham is an easy 4-4.5 hour drive for me!

If there are any BBQ lovers out there, I would suggest visiting Dreamland BBQ while you are in town! It is awesome. The first Dreamland was in Tuscaloosa but now there are restaurants in Birmingham, Huntsville, and Montgomery that I know of. The Birmingham spot is located at the southern edge of the UAB campus on the slope under the Vulcan Statue. Seems like it near 14th St or Ave. Surely some hometown Mach owners can help me out here.

I agree on pretty much all you said regarding the show and site. As far as the BBQ thing, a number of us went to a place right off the Interstate in Irondale, literally two minutes from where we stayed, for some good local BBQ. Dave or Tammy can proably tell you the name of the place.
We had a Dreamland locally, but it did not last long. The food was average, and it was not in a great location. There's a Corky's here, and I don't know how it survives on what it serves. The local favorite (here) is called Voo-Doo BBQ, and it rocks. If any of you are ever in the area, we'll meet up there fo rthe good stuff.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote