Thread: 4.30's or 4.10
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 05:51 PM   #57
ponygt65

Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfong View Post
I had 4.10's and than switched to 4.30's. I went slower in the 1/4 mile and my 60ft short time went up. I broke the 4.30's and now I put a set of 4.10's back in.
I did not care about the gas mileage what so ever so I can not comment on that. Drivability was better with the 4.10's. Not shifting as much in traffic. 5th gear is an overdrive gear and with the 4.30's it was like it was 4th.

I am sure if I would have given it more time or figured out how to launch on them, I may have liked them but like mentioned I broke them at the track and decided to go back to the 4.10's.

With my new clutch and drag radials I could not hook, kept spinning out of the hole.

This is just my take and my experance with 4.30's. Others have had success, I did not.
I thought about 'what if she doesn't like them'....my answer: I will just swap the complete rear from my car to hers. THen I will have the 4.30s and she will have the stockers again.

But thanks for the input....we like to hear any and all stories regarding them.

Previous stangs:
2003 Mineral Grey Cobra Vert
1965 Factory GT K Code Coupe - mostly original and numbers matching. 14.9 (best) GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!
2003 MACh 1 AB - MINE!..SLP LM1s, PHP Spacer, and a CAI, that wont' stop whistling.
2004 MACh 1 DSG - PHP spacer, BOrla Stingers, K and N CAI, Tune, X-pipe, 1" 1-piece raised shaker...yadda yadda.
ponygt65 is offline   Reply With Quote