View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #44
Mach828
Dark Knight

Re: Removing Valve Covers and Installing Cobra Cams - A Complete How To With Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil devil View Post
Thanks for starting this thread and keeping us informed. It inspired me to do a few things I have been wanting to do....cams and some powdercoating. Got my passenger side valve cover off yesterday, dreading the driver side.
I recommend putting a block of wood between the oil pan and K member when you life the engine, even one between the motor mount and k member. That way in case your block of wood proping up the engine fails, your not going to lose a limb. It takes some wiggling skill, but with the engine titled, it comes out as easy as the passenger side.

There is also a sensor on the master cyclinder. Take that off, If its really tight, cut the wire clamp in front of the drivers side shock tower to get more room.

Also, I took off the bracket and white jug in front of the drivers side cover. I think its the power steering fluid container.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage

Last edited by Mach828; 06-24-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote