View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 12:57 PM   #46
DanK
Blessed Hellride

Re: Cat-back exhaust

Quote:
Originally posted by Jhmaem
DanK, thanks for the prompt reply. What is exactly is a cat-back exhaust? As I read the Mach 1 review of the three exhaust types tested, they looked like much more than a muffler. Which system do you like for power w/o too much noise?
Orange Whip answered part of your question. If you look under your car you will see where the "cat-back" bolts to the stock H-pipe. As far as what exhaust I like....as far as power...we're only talking a couple of hp difference between exhaust brands. My suggestion is to pick by sound, fitment, durability, and weight. I went with the Borla Stinger cat-back from Performance Peddlers back in March. They had the absolute best price around as many others here will attest to...$405 shipped to your door if you tell them you are with the Mach 1 Registry. I had a lift I rented and removed stock exhaust and put on Stinger cat-back in an hour and twenty minutes. Everything fit perfectly and the system was really light. The tips are already in place so you don't have to worry about putting them on unlike some brands. Just alighn the tips in the center of the bumper exhaust cutouts and tighten all clamps. That is the hardest part of it all right there.

The exhuast sounds like the car is running under water when brand new but don't be alarmed. The exhaust will sound better (sweet) after a few hundred miles of break-in time. The sound is awesome but not overpowering with the stock H-pipe. Good luck with whatever you choose. :THUMBSUP:

Mods: Aircharger, Borla Stinger cat- back, PHP intake spacer
DanK is offline   Reply With Quote