View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 03:19 AM   #102
LineageMach1
Air Power!!

Re: switching from mobil 1 to Royal Purple

I was joking btw heh. I run the 10/30 because my Mach sits in a heated Garage at all times. With 5/20 the engine used to make too much noise, after the switch the engine is a lot less noisy and if it wasnt for the exhaust system you would even know it's on heh.

The car runs a little too smoothly for my tastes heh, would love a stroker motor but that's off topic.

Here in the South, SC we have all four seaons and honestly the cold seasons arent cold enough to worry about a lighter weight oil but the summer season does cause a small problem as 5w get's pretty thin all too often. I did an oil change 2 weeks ago and the Royal Purple that came out was 10/30 and the engine was a bit hot as I had issues trying to get the dang car onto the ramps. When it started dripping into the pan it was extremely thin.

At oil changes I open the drain plug and once the old oil is stopped I start pouring in that Ford brand oil (motorcraft? the cheap stuff) until I see nothing but gold coming out of the drain and I was a bit taken aback when I saw the difference between the slightly hot old oil viscosity and the flush oil which was about 95 degrees plus whatever the engine added as it went through.
2004 Mustang GT-Red-Sold
2001 Mustang- Forest Green-Sold
Disabled Veteran United States Air Force. Hoorah Air Force!
LineageMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote