View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 08:49 AM   #1
87handmedown
Captain Ziptie

Operation Rescue, 2004 Mach 1

Hey guys! It's been a few years since I've been here having sold my wonderful '03 Mach 1 back in 2016 thanks to life changes and all that. However, I recently stumbled across an opportunity to at least temporarily have one again. A guy about an hour away had a project that he couldn't finish, so I picked it up. It's an '04 Azure Blue with 130,000 miles on it. It also has an aftermarket touchscreen stereo, short throw shifter, SLP loudmouth exhaust, and American Muscle FR500 wheels. I was able to pick it up cheaply because the motor was locked up. I grabbed a Mark VIII motor last week, and am currently in the process of stripping down both block so I can put the C heads and Mach 1 cams on the Mark VIII bottom end. I pulled the heads last night and everything looked good. Also, judging by the condition of the gaskets and sealing surfaces, someone had been into the Mach 1 motor very shortly before it locked up.

Anyways, here's a few pictures, and I look forward to getting this thing back on the road! I'll need your guys's help in order to start properly reassembling the accessories, air intake, and wiring harness connections, and possibly a few other things. So please speak up if you see me doing something wrong!

Here's the original Mach 1 engine

and here's the Mark VIII engine that I'm going to use the block and rotating assembly for the swap.
Michael Delaney: Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

Last edited by 87handmedown; 01-10-2020 at 03:51 PM.
87handmedown is offline   Reply With Quote