Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #49
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by machths
The roof flaps do help, but they're not fool-proof. Remember Ryan Newman and Elliott Sadler both got some serious air time when they crashed recently. Plus, the article said that Bobby Allison blew his motor. It actually came apart, and it was the fact that he ran over a large chunk of it is what kicked his car up, off of the ground in the first place. There is no current safety feature on the cars today that would have changed anything in his scenario, therefore, slowing the cars down was the only "sure thing." I personally don't like the restrictor plates, I've been to Talladega, and I would love to see a race there where they were hitting 220+. Just one occurance though, that's all it would take. Could you imagine one of those sled's barrel-rolling down the main grandstand there. That lawsuit would be sooo big that both the track owner and probably NASCAR itself would never financially recover from that.

I agree with you 100%. They should do like they did at Homestead but instead of making progressive banking, take some of the banking away. I know it would cost the track a lot of money but it would make it much safer. Besides the money shouldn't be a problem for the tracks, they make enough of it. LOL

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote