View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
Metalmover

Post New to the forum DSG 2003 Owner

Hello to the community, I have been admiring your website for sometime and really just got my *** in gear and registered to post.
My name is Robert Lane; I have had a Dark Shadow Gray 2003 Mach1 for almost 6 months now...the story of my ownership comes off of two hobbies that combined led me into a local backyard where this awesome car had been sitting for sometime....(PAINTBALL...and FOXBODY mustangs).
I own my own CNC machine shop and one of the complete products I make are high end mechanical paintball markers...
One of my best customers had seen my son and I working on our 1988 foxbody in the back of the shop and wanted me to come to her home to see a vehicle that she had said was "broken".
When I got there, I was expecting a 6-cylinder mustang from 2003; however, instead I had a 2003 Mach1 staring at me that had been parked in the same spot for over 10 years.
Turns out she had blown a head gasket...problem was she waited so long the cylinder walls were messed up and the blocked needed to be redone with new parts. At 98,000 miles the car basically got a new motor, rebuilt tranny, all new mounts, lowered suspension, brakes, clutch, fuel tank, lines, hoses, belts, radiator, radio, backup cam, etc....the car is in perfect condition minus a few scratches...original owner probably weighs 95lbs...so the interior is like new and car only drove freeway 85 miles one way a day...which was good to know.
Originally, I was going to give the foxbody to my 16yo...he has been working his *** off every day repairing and sanding that car....he will be extremely happy to find out he is getting this 03 mach1 for his birthday...all fixed up (currently he thinks its for me for fun)...the scratches on the outside are perfect for him and after he drives to school and around the town for a few years...I will take back and repaint and store for him when he is older and has a midlife like I just did
Im hoping to make some friends here...I will have to figure out the picture thing next....
I have a huge CNC machining facility...and I like doing things for community as long as the parts are for something cool.
Metalmover is offline   Reply With Quote