View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 03:35 AM   #15
Bart

Quote:
Originally posted by Black99GT
Has anyone ever painted the dash? On my 99 GT I have the tan interior that includes a brown upper dash, which is not exactly my favorite. So I've been wanting to paint it, probably the dark charcoal color that is an OEM option using this: http://secure.50resto.com/acb/stores...ategory_ID=684
Who thinks what of this plan? Would the surface of the dash accept new paint as well as the plastic of the door panels?
Thanks for the input guys!
Black99
I'm not a pro painter for sure but I would not recommend that product. I beleive it's thin and somewhat hard to paint as it runs easily. Plus it does not use any hardener, so it's durability is reduced quite a bit. On the other hand, I can heartily recommend the PPG product I used. It was very easy to spray, did not require any extra special prep and, due to the hardner should last a very long time. I'm sure they could mix you up the exact color you want. The paint supplier said this product is widely used for interior color changes, so it should work just fine on the dash. I'd imagine one thing to be super careful about on the dash is to make absolutely sure it's clean and has no protectant or stuff on it. SEM makes a spray on product to help prepare plastic and vinyl for painting that you may want to check out. I did not use it but have heard it works well.

Good luck!

Last edited by Bart; 10-01-2003 at 03:47 AM.
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote