View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #16
CANXLR8
Stupidity should hurt...

Re: Official Computer Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by machowner View Post
I always feel like I am about to come through the phone and strangle this dumb*SS when the tech person says, okay now I have a few questions and goes back through exactly what I just told him.
I understand that as well...when I have to call tech support (in another state) for work, they don't want to hear "look, I used to do this for a living, yes its plugged in, yes its turned on, yes i've checked all the NORMAL causes of the problem - that's why i'm calling" - and yes, they make me go thru it all again anyway.

Don't take it personally...it's just because you're the 50th call for the same thing in the last 5 hours.

Also - there are a lot of places where they hire people to work the help desk that can barely turn on a computer. All they're doing is searching a database for your problem and going thru the steps it says to take - they can't go off the cuff because they don't know how to fix any of it...
'93 Midnight/Platinum GT 'vert (Auto)
'88 Black 5.0 SSP Coupe (5spd)
'65 Silver Blue 2+2 Fastback (3spd)
'65 Silver Blue 'vert (Auto)

Come hang with us Perfection Performance Mustang Club 4th Saturday Waterford Hooters & Mid-Florida Mustang Club 2nd Saturday Casselberry Commons
CANXLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote