View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 09:55 AM   #31
crimsongt
Trailor Park Pimpin

Re: What to do to get 300 rwhp on a Mach 1

My mach ran good when I bought it, but I had to put the parts on. First I put on my Catted prochamber, it made a little difference. Second I put on my C&l 85mm mass air and and intake tube, once again could tell a difference. Next I welded cutouts in front of my mufflers, made a noticable difference. Next I switched to Royal Purple synthetic, some say it makes a difference and some say it doesn't, well I'm a believer my engine ran a little smoother and maybe hair more performance. Next I repalced stock catback and cutouts with Borla Stingers not much different than having cutouts open. Sixth removed cats by welding pipes in place, once again noticable difference in performance and sound. Next I put Steeda underdrive pullies on, I could not tell a difference. Last I got Tim Barth at Modular Powerhouse to dyno tune my car using SCT flasher, big difference. Baseline dyno with all mods except SCT tune I put down 303rwhp STD but corrected it came to 291rwhp SAE and 316rwtq SAE. After a few pulls to get timing and air/fuel corrected (was 14 to 1 or higher) The new numbers came out at 308rwhp SAE. We decided to let engine cool down and see how high the numbers would go. With air/fuel set at 13 to 1 give or take a little my car put down 312.6rwhp SAE and 339.9rwtq SAE. That is how I got into the 300rwhp game.