View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Stickey Thread: Mach 1 history and information

As we're closing in on the 10 anniversary of our club and the beginning of the production of the '03/'04 Machs, I thought it might be a good idea to post up information about questions that arise on a regular basis as to original aspects of our cars.
I invite questions from any member, and answers from members here who can contribute solid information about the facts about our cars as it pertains to originality. There's nothing more frustrating to me than to see information about vintage Mustangs that is just plain wrong. I hope to stem that issue on our cars with this thread.
I don't pretend to know everything about everything, but I'll contribute what I can, when I can. there are others who have been here since the beginning, or are well versed in our cars as well who can also be of service and I invite them to chime in to add to the well of knowledge I am trying to build here. Thanks, John!

The first thing I wanted to address is the issue of original floor mats. This gets brought up often, and is something I can help answer with photos.
Our cars came with regular Mustang front floor mats when delivered. No Mach 1 specific mats were made by Ford and no rear mats came in the cars.

These are the original type of floor mat our cars came with. They were covered with a removable plastic covering that was generally removed at the dealership. These are a NOS set I purchased some years ago.

These are the original floor mats from my car and were used for about six years on a daily basis. As you can see they have some wear but are identical to the above mats with the exception of the plastic protective covering.

These are the very popular CDC mats that were offered not long after Mach 1 production began. They produced for a number of years and included a pair of rear plain mats as well.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote