Thread: 4.30's or 4.10
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #173
Mach916

Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDogg View Post
I just brought my 04 mach for a quick drive since i live on a road that doesnt have much sand and everything is frozen. I have the stock 3.55 gears and the car is completely stock. I actually just took it out for the first time since I bought it, couldnt wait any longer. The car seemed a lot faster and much more low end than my previous 2 mustangs. a 95 gt and 98 cobra. I was thinking that in the spring I was going to go with a set of 4.10s but after taking it for a ride and doing a couple starts from a stand still I couldnt imagine making the gears any taller. Im afraid Im going to be tearing through rear tires already. Granted I have the stock 245's on the car, I felt like 1st gear with any throttle wanted to break the tires loose and even when shifting into 2nd. Maybe I didnt drive the car long enough to really get a feel for it. But for what I did drive it, it just doesnt seem like it needs any taller gears than the 3.55's. Maybe you guys that have been in my situation before can help explain.
this is the point i try to make but people on here dont want to listen..if you can barely grip with the gears you have now..how can more gear help?keep your stock gears and save your money on other mods..
Suspension: Eibach Pro kit with poly isolators
And some other small things...

348.6/331.6 sae
Mach916 is offline   Reply With Quote