View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #117
04dsgMACHONE

Re: Lock-out, missed shifts - Mystery solved?

4 years later I got around to installing my fiore fwa and quadrant. Was finishing installing a new clutch in the car along with the quadrant (didn't want to attempt the fwa yet due to what sounded like a pain of an install) and noticed after getting everything back together that I had too much slack in the cable.

Firewall adjuster was no fun to install. Almost no clearance due to the valve cover. Almost better to screw in the second piece prior to screwing in the mount to the firewall because otherwise the valve cover will practically interfere with the knob. Not a fan of the small Phillips head screws included with the kit either. I was only able to drill out the two already existing holes before breaking the drill bit. Almost no clearance to drill holes there and that was after buying a 90 degree 3/8" air drill just for this.

When I get a new bit I will add at least one more screw but for now it's only working with two.
MGW STS, JLT RAI, PHP 3/8" Intake spacer, Bassani catted x-pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, FRPP (Motive) 4.30s, 31 Spline Cobra Differential, 31 Spline Moser Axles, GMS Girdle, H&R Super Sports, Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks/struts, MM caster/camber plates

Last edited by 04dsgMACHONE; 05-16-2017 at 12:31 PM.
04dsgMACHONE is offline   Reply With Quote