View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 12:15 AM   #56
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Re: A New Book is Coming Out About the Development of '01 Bullitt & '03/'04 Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso View Post
I would like to thank Dave Wagner for permitting me to post this information here.

I had a 2002 azure blue manual Mach 1 from 2002 until 2010. In that time, I had the opportunity to meet and talk with Scott Hoag, who some of you know was the former Ford engineer who led the Mach 1 development program. Over the years at enthusiast events, I got to hear him talk about various stories of the Mach 1 came to be. Back in 2007, I had pitched the idea of documenting his memories in book form. I also wanted to see all the cool photographs that showed behind-the-scenes work on the car in print. He agreed, and I collected over 10 hours of recordings of his experiences at Ford working on both the SN-95 Bullitt and Mach 1 Mustangs.

Fast forward to this year, and I am happy to announce that the book will soon be a reality. On June 1 and 2, 2018, at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, Scott and I will have a booth where this Ford Motor Company licensed publication, titled "Engineer + Enthusiast = Excitement, Building the 2001 Bullitt and 2003/04 Mach 1 Mustangs" available for purchase. We are expecting to be out on the show field near the Bullitt and Mach 1 sections.

If it were not for the connections I made through the Mach 1 Registry (and IMBOC, the Bullitt owners community), this book likely would have never been done. Scott has always said that the Mach 1 was for the enthusiast, and that's really the spirit in which he detailed his engineering experiences. As such, we've graciously been given the opportunity to print photos of various Mach 1 Registry members' cars as part of the book. Suffice it to say, the Registry is represented directly in printed form as a part of recorded Mustang history.

I invite you to look at www.bullittmach1editions.com for more information. Please sign up for the mailing list as periodic updates will be sent out over the coming months leading up to the launch of the book.

As of today, you can also pre-order a copy of the book. There are 2 editions available - the standard and the collector's. The collector's edition will be 1 of 300 copies signed by Scott and includes a certificate of authenticity along with an "Easter egg" that is only available to purchasers of that version.

I thank you in advance for your interest, and see you at Carlisle!
Hey Tony, I just got an advance copy of the MCA Mustang Times Magazine and the article on Scott Hoag's 1970 Mach 1 is in it. Should be plenty of them at Carlisle too next week.
Attached Thumbnails
MT Jun 2018 pg 1.jpg   MT Jun 2018 pg 2.jpg  
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic