View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 05:04 PM   #10
glittle75

Re: Engine build for all the boost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machdude View Post
Very nice! How many miles on the old setup before she let go?
She rode with 9 psi from 17k all the way to 40k. So 23k with no issues. But this was a weekend only car. Its been almost 10 years since the KB went on. Lots of track days and late night highway blasts with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
Bad *** car! Should surpass 600rw with that compression, corn and cams, not even upping the boost. Can't wait to see this build unfold.
Thanks!
700 is the dream number, but ill be happy with anything over 600 honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKat13 View Post
They say things disappear when using that black; I would love to see it in person when you are done just to witness the black 2.0.

Pretty cool idea and good luck with the build.
Thanks! If all goes well the car will be at MW this year. It looks better in person, the images don't do it justice. I'm also going to do the timing cover and the shaker.

So this whole lockdown has put me a bit behind schedule. The machine shop has a reduced staff, and I also don't want to fork out another $1000 for the clutch, gaskets, fluids, etc. in the face of this thing. It may be more useful to have that cash in hand in the next few weeks.

But the machine shop bill is already paid. So as soon as they are done I can at least assemble and install the engine.

More updates to come! Thanks for all the support!
glittle75 is offline   Reply With Quote