View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #10
thatyellowmach1

Re: Why is my Mach1 getting such horrible gas mileage??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
does it struggle to start or idle? A blown FRPS (fuel rail pressure sensor) will dump fuel, so much itll contaminate the engine oil but they also usually run pretty rough from my understanding.

how do your spark plugs look? You can have a misfire without it being bad enuogh to trip the CEL but Ford can see it in their tests. Depending on mileage it might be a good idea to just go ahead and put new plugs and coils in it.

I suppose a stuck injector or one thats dumping too much fuel would be a possibility as well but again that usually comes along with a bad idle and other issues.

Does your oil dipstick smell like fuel and as mentioned above is the level higher than fuel (a sign fuel is washing down the cylinders and getting into the oil pan)
The car runs smooth, sometimes it will idle a little low. Over the summer I cleaned and regapped the spark plugs. My car has 75,000 miles on it, should they be replaced? And I will check the dip stick and get back to you if it smells like gas or not. Thanks for the help!
thatyellowmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote