View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 12:42 AM   #5
SouthKak_Mach1

Re: Lots of vibration @ idle with Kooks long tube headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfong View Post
What type of vibration are you talking experiencing and where do you hear or feel it most? Metal on metal vibration, shifter vibrating, plastic on dash vibrating? Engine rattling? Do you have the entire exhaust on, what other changes if any did you do to the car at the same time? Curious?

I have the SLP system and I know after a few years mine had shifted underneath the car and was hitting the frame and making a heck of a sound which kinda felt like vibrations. Had it looked at and they realigned the exhaust and all was good.

Maybe be a wild card but after tranny work they did not tighten my shifter all the way and it rattled like a son of a gun. Just adding this as it is probably something that is just not snug enough somewhere in the chain.
Feels like entire car is vibrating when the car is in drive while idling at a stop light/sign (Automatic). I can feel it in the steering wheel and seats. Doesn't vibrate much when the car is put park at idle. Only installed Kooks long tubes and Kooks catted X-pipe. Borla Stinger catback was already on the car.
2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (DSG), Borla Stingers Catback, C&L CAI, SCT X4 Custom Tune, Black Chrome Rovos Durban Wheels (18x9 F, 18x10.5 R) on Nitto NT05s (275/35/18 F, 295/35/18 R), Pioneer AVH-4200NEX Receiver, MM C/C Plates, Rolled Rear Fenders, Eibach Sportlines/Struts/Shocks, Raxiom Smoked Taillights/Third Brake Light/LED Bulbs, Clear Headlights w/ Black Housing, Polished Aluminum Interior Accents, 30% Window Tint, Tinted Side Markers, Carbon Fiber Valve Stem Caps, Black Shorty Antenna
SouthKak_Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote