View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 08:35 AM   #9
Mustanger2

Re: New Owner from California

Welcome. hey you know you already have 3:55 gears from the factory right? What gears are you going for?

Your car is also lowered a bit either a 1/2" or 3/4" I always mix it up with the Bullitt cars. Either way Mach I springs are special so don't just throw them away. Someone is always looking for them, the shocks & struts too, unless totally worn out are nice. Ford did a very nice job with these cars to start with. You also have bolted on factory Sub Frame rails to tie the car together & make it a bit stiffer than the GT etc. but they are not near as good as the aftermarket ones welded in. MM & Steeda & others are much better.

I think these are the perfect cars for having fun & still turning heads at car shows etc. So IMO don't change too much that makes it a recognizable Mach I ...the headlights are a good example...They were a design that that became very popular with the Black Chrome reflectors in them & clear lenses...it started a trend. They clean up easily if yellowed & are worth saving. Raxiom headlights huh? Post up pics to show us what you chose...we love pics.

Sounds like you removed the rear deck lid & went wingless? I'll have to look up CDC parts to see but once again post up a pic! LOL... 95 Cobra "R"'s are nice I like them on lot's of cars, still have your Mach I rims? Nice OEM's in good shape are still popular. NEVER get rid of your Shaker hood though! That is the Signature piece that makes it a Mach!!! LOL...unless you have to for some reason...

Changing the front fascia to the Cobra 01 or even 03/04 is popular or the Roush Stage 3 looks good ...and really gives it a different look. In the end it is YOUR car so have fun & ignore me as needed...just so you know how special your car really is. (Got any pics? LOL)

Last edited by Mustanger2; 02-08-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Mustanger2 is offline   Reply With Quote