Thread: Mach vs Boss
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #16
AlloyPony

Re: Mach vs Boss

In my opinion, the 2004 car is the last one that felt muscular. There's just something about that Fox platform that feels raw. Feels powerful. It's poorly insulated. It's loud. It's small. It's got tons of visibility. You sit on the wheel instead of down under the wheel. The interior is cheap plastic. The controls are kindergarten simple. It's all about the experience. When you turn the key on a pre-2005 car it just feels like a fun enthusiast car should feel.

The newer cars are big, heavy, well insulated, with instruments and touch screens and buttons everywhere. They are comfortable and convenient. The gap between a coupe and a sedan has closed with the newer stuff. And to me, that just doesn't feel the same. It's not as fun to drive. A GT350 will smoke my car. So will a Hellcat. So will a ZL1. But none of them feel the same and none of them are as fun as the Mach 1.

It's all about the experience. To me, you can't get the same experience with newer cars.