View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #61
Mach828
Dark Knight

Re: Removing Valve Covers and Installing Cobra Cams - A Complete How To With Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by watman02 View Post
Sorry it took me so long to get back on thats my post on SVT that your quoting, sounds like you got it back together ok and running.

BTW you only have to remove the brake lines you dont have to remove the pressure lines from the pump.

I have heard about this key way issue but I must have had 98 cams because I had no issue with reassembling it.

also what tabs are you talking about on the chaine guides???? maybe Im just confused????
Keyway issue is only with 96-97. And the cam gear doesn't go in the same way on each side, on the drivers side it is flipped, so the keyways doesn't bind and fits flush. And the passenger side it needs to be grinded because it doesn't seat on the cam properly and binds up, and you will break it if you torque it down.

The chain tensioner has orange plastic chain guides. The guides are partially held onto the tensioner by two small fittings, that are really cheap and break easily if any side to side force is applied. Maybe in a engine with less heat cycles they aren't as brittle, but with 90k miles, they were very brittle.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote