View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #35
glittle75

Re: Engine build for all the boost!

Alright, well went through some pains with the Holley EFI setup.
I ordered a Terminator X kit. Also the USB-CAN harness and a 3 bar MAP sensor. 3 bar gives me the ability to go up to 30psi of boost. I will be shooting for 18psi.

After it arrived i ran all the harnesses and was able to start the car. However, I could not get the IAC working, and the idle was all over the place after moving the throttle at all.
After much troubleshooting, I was sent the wrong main harness. It happens, some one put the wrong thing in the wrong box. The correct harness should be here on Monday. All the other harnesses and wires are ran, So i should just be able to plug it in and get to idle tuning. On to some pics!

OEM harness on top, Holley harness on bottom. The holley uses really nice wrapping and everything is already to the correct length, making for any easy install!

Factory harness unwrapped. I am keeping the stock PCM in the car to run the stock cluster and AC. Found an electrical diagram and printed it.

Unpinned the large connector that usually hides out in the back left corner of the engine bay. I only need the crank sensor from this so the Tach will work. Once I put the holley harness in the car, I will splice into it for the signal, split it to the PCM and Holley, and the tach will work.

I also ended up using the speed sensor that goes to the trans to drive the speedo on the dash. No pic, but its the DG/WT wire from the PCM harness, to the trans sensor, and the other side of the sensor gets grounded by the PCM.

There is a sub-harness that the AC clutch wires are hiding in. I just pulled them out, and re-pinned them to length so I can tuck them under the frame rail.

Last edited by glittle75; 06-07-2020 at 05:59 PM.
glittle75 is offline   Reply With Quote