View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #52
RICEATER
Only God can judge me!

Re: FYI on exhaust systems

Ok. So this thread was really awesome at informing us unknowing newbs about how exhaust works.

I currently have the stock manifolds, stock 4 cats, stock H pipe, with Flowmaster 40's and SLP exhaust tips. I recently installed a C&L RAI, BBK Twin 62MM Throttle Body, 90 MM MAF, and have Roy's 1/2" intake spacer on the way. Now that I have the air intake portion of the motor done, I am going to focus on the exhaust.

My question is regarding headers. I have seen all different manufactures of headers and to each their own on preferences. My ultimate goal is around 800 RWHP and while the motor is in the works I am doing the exhaust, suspension, tranny upgrades. I want to know if Kooks headers that are so **** expensive are worth the money? I want a 3" exhaust system and for Kooks headers and Off/Road H-Pipe its $1600 in parts alone.

I haven't researched mufflers yet to see what is highest CFM, but that is next as I plan to do the entire exhaust at once. Orangewhip what is your input on headers?