View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #9
311-420
Can't be bridled

Re: Help deciding on an exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
interesting info, never knew there was a sound quality reason to put the muffler after the axle, I assumed it to be a packaging issue.

Although I dont like your post about magnapacks not sounding good with anything but the stock midpipe as I have longtubes with a single cats in the midpipe. I had been thinking about trying them again
I've never heard that from a ford exec or anything, but it makes sense when you consider how the mustang got "cushier" in 2005. The newer cars, afterall, seem to be quieter on the inside versus our cars and the ones before. Aftermarket exhaust sure as heck hasn't gotten any quieter. All the newer performance cars have been built with higher regards to NVH than before and they've all gone to axle back exhausts. I have a hard time believing it's all a coincidence, but I could be wrong.

I wish I could report differently about the magnapacks, but I can't. They sound phenomenal at light throttle pressure, but squeeze it above 2k and rasp rears it's ugly head. I really took notice of it while watching my car get dyno'd years ago when I was n/a.
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote