View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #51
Krashdavus

Re: How did you find your mach?

Wife's TR Mach, found it on Kijiji in September '08. It had only 1,800km on it, stored in a trailer. Owner was moving to England to work for Ford. Made a tentative deal on, based on the pending sale of her '88 SC3800 Fiero GT. Sale fell through and so did the deal on the Mach. Six months later, I found a buyer for the Fiero. Checked back with the TR Mach seller, and he still had it. His intent was to take it with him to England, but the shipping fees were $5K, which was a bit stiff. He was now in a tough bind since had less than a month to move it. Brought it home a week after unloading the Fiero. My wife loves that car and she turns heads with it where ever she goes.

Fell in love with the Wife's Mach and figured I had to have my own. Through Cars-On-Line, I found a black Mach out of south Buffalo, with only 1,636 miles on it. Car had been in climate controlled storage since day one. I'd been watching it online for over a year, and wasn't moving since it was way over priced. I put my first car ever, up for sale; a modded 331 Pace Car, which I bought back when I was 18 (in late 1981). Finally found a buyer for the Pace Car, and made an offer on the black Mach the day I deposited the check from the Pace Car. Went down to Buffalo with a trailer to pick it up a week later. Crossing the Border was a pain in the butt. Canadian Customs thought I was lying about the price I paid for the car, made a big deal about it till I told them to do a web search on the going rate for these cars. Smart move on my behalf, they finally backed off and let me go.

Both cars are only driven on sunny days, from May to October. Her tag reads "SPDOFSND" and mine reads "SHKRHOOD". It's a Mach made in Heaven.

Last edited by Krashdavus; 02-08-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: add photos
Krashdavus is offline   Reply With Quote