View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 10:29 AM   #8
Mister L
Don't squeeze the Charmin

Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangdude
Merry Christmas to the Okla Shakers. Hope Santa is good to your Machs!
Marty, you going over to the blown side? Last I heard it was the upper redu with cams etc. Now it is the lower also? What gives? You moving up to play with the big boys like Kevin and Clint?
YES, I was just going to do the cams and valves, but that leads to "while I'm at it, I might as well............" So, I decided to go forged internals (pistons/rods and get it balanced) as insurance of knowing WHAT I have. My plans are still to stay N/A and I like those cams in Clints Mach. I have the head change kit and FR500 cam kit in the garage. Besides, the suspension/driveline is already complete. Gears, Dif, Girdle, driveshaft, axles, springs, control arms, bumpsteer, c/c plates, headers/midpipe/ aircharger/upper intake/ are also complete. If I nail it, I don't want it to break. That's my insurance policy. My mileage is at 15,992.3 as it sits in the garage. I figured 16k miles is a good place to pull the motor. I'm sure I'm spending more money than necessary to get the hp/tq but I like the N/A route. And I agree, it must be the Black Mach owners with the exception of James in Tulsa who wants to mod the Mach's. And if James had it his way............I bet he would be modding too! In fact, he might be...............and we just don't know it!

Kevin I hope you get your shortblock before your next departure. I know how anxious you are to get it here.

.........and like Mustangdude, "Merry Christmas" and Happy Holidays to all the Mach owners out there!!