Thread: Eaton Swap.....
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #139
cre8787
Eaton Swapped Azure

Re: Eaton Swap.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAxle View Post
question! i know the swap list, is the list of ALL stock parts needed but, do some that come with aftermarket options, i.e. the TB, intake, maf, injectors, and headers, would not be needed to complete the swap?
You do not need new headers. I made the mistake of picking and chosing parts to buy off of the lists... do not underestamate the parts on the swap list. If you want to make a million trips to ford and to pep boys, buy them as they are needed. If you want to do it the right way, buy all the parts on the list plus valve cover gaskets and hose clamps. You will NOT use every singal part on that list because there are several different ways to install certain things. For example- some people chose to do an EGR delete; that alone takes of 2 or 3 parts from the list. Some people chose now to run all the evap stuff on the drivers side of the blower; that takes off 4 or 5 parts from the list.

The list is simply everything you need to make your swap like a stock cobra supercharger setup, not everything is needed to make it run on your car.

In my opinion, buy EVERY part machgsxr tells you to buy!!! Rather have five $20.00 parts and not need them than not have five $20.00 parts and need them.

BTW- Yes, you need new injectors. Yes, you need a new EGR valve and tube. Yes, you need new throttle and cruise control cables. Yes, you need a new IAC. No, you do not need a new throttle body. No, you do not need a new TPS.
Those were some of my questions... just thought I would answer them.

FYI- Plug the timing cover bolt hole that is not used on the new cobra timing cover to the right of ther water pump. Not doing this will result in an oil leak.
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1: M112 Eaton Supercharger (Unported/Stock Pullies/Stock Bottem End/Stock Heat Exchanger/Cobra Tank and Pumps) Pro 5.0, FRPP 4:10 Gears, Mac Catted H, SLP LMII, H&R Sport Springs, BFG KDW2 295's, SCT Custom Tune by Excessive Motorsports.

Dyno Results: 442hp; 386tq

Eaton Swap Pictures:
http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../Eaton%20Swap/

SOLD!
cre8787 is offline   Reply With Quote