View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #609
Linumup

Re: Carlisle All Ford nationals - Mach 1 Registry Meet June 6-8, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton View Post
Okay I made it to the motel and am checked in. The weather started out great and clear sailing through South Carolina, North Carolina, and all of Virginia. However when I hit West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania it was a different story.

I basically had to swim the last three states. It was bad. I think it was raining sideways and if there were any tornados, you couldn’t see them because of the low visibility. It was IFR flying only and I pulled back the throttle and stayed about 100 feet off the bumper and in the wake of a big eighteen-wheeler. He had more lights glowing than a Christmas tree and that was the only thing that let me see him. I rode in his tire groves to keep from hydroplaning off the road. Couple of times I got too far back and lost the trail. As long as I stayed about 100 feet back it was all right. I followed him for about 75 miles and think I only blinked twice, boy are my eyes dried out (LOL).

I’m not sure why I washed my car yesterday. It looks like I finished second in a mud bogging contest. Anyway, the motel’s great and I’m off to their evening buffet in a few minutes. See you guys later.

Pretty bad here too . Glad im waiting until 12 on Fri.. Fri and sat is looking great .
HP Custom Cams
ATI Racing TH400 Cheetah SCS Air Assisted Shifter
Strange 31 spline axles w/3:55
F1R Procharger w/Cog Set-up
Magnafuel 750 -10AN Feed -8AN Return
200 Direct Wet w/MSD window switch & controller
Big Stuff 3 w/Gen. 3 Pro EFI system
Kooks 1.78 LTS 3" Custom Exhaust
Tuning by DGR Racing

DYNO KING
Linumup is offline   Reply With Quote