View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 06:41 PM   #9
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

Re: Bill H. rocks it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton View Post
Hey Muzman, Good to hear from you and hope all is going well in N.Z. My old 2011 Shelby GT-500 lives and is doing well in New Zealand. As can see in the article, Scott has a beautiful 1970 Mach 1 and it was a great inspiration for the 03/04 Mach 1's. I definitely recommend Scott and Tony's book on the 2001 Bullitt and 2003 Mach 1 development. Tony did an excellent job and it's a great read on the history of the two cars.

Tata
Bill, I remember seeing another article some years back now on Scott's Mach 1 where he obviously drew some inspiration from, for our 03/04 Models. It was great to meet Scott in 2014. (as well as you and the rest of the "gang") and have a chat with him and get driven around Charlotte Speedway in his MRT stang. Scott is one really nice and helpful guy, as you know. Yes the Mustang community down here keeps growing despite fuel at around $2.50 NZD a litre thanks to some more taxes recently imposed. ( The recent drop in value of the NZD hasn't helped but you just fill up the mustang and go as I still get heaps of smiles per litre ) We have our Kiwi national Mustang convention here in October in a small Art Deco town called Napier about a 6 hour drive from Auckland, were we are. There should be over 120 Mustangs turn up, might see your old one. Jeff. aka muzman
1969 351w 4v Mach 1, Red, 4 speed toploader
SOLD Feb 2007

2000GT Red , Auto Right Hand Drive sold 2004.
muzman is offline   Reply With Quote