View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 11:34 PM   #21
Mach828
Dark Knight

Re: Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

What are the most fundamental parameters you change over the base value files? With the 100s of options its hard to narrow down what is critical and what parameters most tuners never touch.

Also, what are the key parameters to change when tuning an auto? I'm upped the global pressure because i didnt get how to do it incrementally by gear. I'd like to increase how long it takes to upshift while cruising so i can rev the gears out longer, but the lasota guide is vague with their auto tuning info.

Ahhh. Found it in the shift/lock schedule. Perfect.

I also set the 1-2 and 2-3 torque reduction on upshifts to 1. In first it had values of 2 in lower rpms from the value file.

I must have changed something because it doesn't seem as loose when you floor it in first anymore, it used to feel like it flashed to 2,500 off the line and then engaged. Now it lugs off the line more. Not sure if it was because it was slipping in 1st or...thats how it should feel.

Reduced lock delay. Trans is shifting great, think I have that dialed in good enough for now.

Note on the firewire cable...you don't need to run a ground to the firewire ground. Just plug in the analog 1 or analog 2 wire to the output on the wideband. Wish I had known that before, oh well.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage

Last edited by Mach828; 02-08-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote