View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #49
np_mach1

Re: Which car insurance agency to go with?

I have allstate and love them (a little biased since I work for them). Some things no one is talking about when comparing rates is the coverages and the deductibles. That can make a big impact on what you pay per 6 months. So when people tell you they pay 335 per 6 months that means nothing because you don't know enough information about their coverages to say if that is a good price.

One thing to make sure when buying insurance is you are given sufficient coverages in the event of a loss and deductibles you can afford to pay. Please don't just shop for price when you sacrifice customer service and repair service too. To give you an example I was hit by an insured, in an old beater of mine, who has a carrier that is not Allstate. I went through their claim process and they tried to nickle and dime me out of any little repair they could. It was the worst experience I have ever had.

If you guys have insurance questions you can let me know. I am licensed in VA, MD, and DC, but the general premise is the same in most states.
np_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote