View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 01:55 PM   #12
snatchss454

Re: Possible Fuel Pump or Fuel Pump Driver Module Issue

Hey all,
I’m sorry to piggy back on this thread but for some reason I can’t see all the threads in the main forum area. By happen stance this was the last modified thread so it showed up to the right of the forum heading. I will make a new thread as well but thought this was relevant to the topic.

I’m having a similar issue. I went to pull my mach out of storage and it wouldn’t start, just cranking. I left it with a full tank hoping moisture wouldn’t become an issue and also added Heet to the fuel but no other stabilizers. I immediately assume it’s bad gas so I go and get about 2 gallons and had another bottle of Heet in storage. I added the Heet and trickled a very small amount of new fuel into the tank. Still wouldn’t start and I drained the battery so I took it home to charge it. Brought the battery back and got it to ignite a few times and finally started. She ran for about 10-15 minutes, albeit roughly.

Started getting smelly inside the storage shed so I pulled it out and it stalled and won’t start. I’d like to drain the tank without dropping it and may have a small siphon but I read there is a way to remove the pressure check valve on the fuel rail, add some hose out to a container, then somehow jumper the fuel pump so it stay on when you turn the key on and drain the fuel that way.

Is this feesible? If so does anyone know of a video or instructions documenting the procedure?

Thanks,
Shane
snatchss454 is offline   Reply With Quote