View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 12:44 AM   #59
70mustangman
Old School

Re: Interior Accents - IUP Paint

I not sure about that paint, but I think others have used it. I started by washing the panels in warm water and Dawn with bleach dish washing soap,rinse throughly. Next wet sand with 600 grit wet/dry paper. Next rinse with water and let dry. I blew mine dry with compressed air. Next I spayed two coats of plastic primer made by Valspar, sold at Lowes as (American Tradition).Let primer dry for about 2 hours. Next I sprayed three light coats of Dupli-color gray primer sealer. Let dry for 2 hours. At this point you may want to lightly sand with 600 grit but it is not neccessary it just depends on if you want a little texture or smooth finish. I sanded mine. Next I sprayed three light to medium coats of DSFM225 Medium Charcoal Metallic Dupli-color Spray 5oz. can. Let dry overnight 24 hours. Both primer and paint can be purchased at Auto-Zone or most any auto parts store. I did a set about a 8 months ago for a buddy's Cobra and they look as good as the day I painted them! A word of caution!! The tab that holds the panel to the door on the lower back side of the panel is flimsy and may crack when you remove them. Both of mine cracked. I used two part epoxy to reinforce the tab insert. Other than that every thing went fine! Good luck!
70mustangman is offline   Reply With Quote