View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 04:45 AM   #39
DoU12Rock

This is my first stang.
Here's the scoop
back in 72 when i was 16 this neighbor that worked (mechanic) at a GM dealer had a vet a monte carlo and a red i think 69 428 cobra jet absolutely cherry!!!
he blew the engine put a brand new 428 in and made about 15 passes and decided to get rid of it...dig this!!! he offered it to me for $2,000....it gets worse....My dad (who drove around town in a plum crazy 426 hemi cuda..because he managed a mopar dealer) wouldn't let me buy it..he was probably right..my first car was a 66 plymouth fury VIP with a 318v8 not very powerful but it sure sounded nice with the hollywood muffler and glasspacks...then...(don't laugh)... i special ordered vega....74vega ordered it in 73...remember the energy crunch???lol....anyhow it was an okay car.then at 17 in 73 i started selling cars...i hated the job..it is not me to try and talk someone into something..but back in those days the salesman got to drive demo cars...you could put 6,000 miles on a new car and still sell it as new..weird huh? but true..i had some nice demo's...chevelles, remember the laguna s3 with the 400ci... had several of those ....but my fav was the 74 nova ss
in gold with a 350 4bbl and took it in the shop and had the
pollution stuff removed...no a/c no p/s no p/b no radio very light car ....it would rock....i also had a dune buggy with a covair spyder engine in it..can you say HOLY HORSE PUCKEY?...that dune buggy was dangerous...i broke it a couple of times...lol but fixed it...i hear it is still seen from time to time in cols ohio..well then i was 18 in 74 did a dumb a** thing and joined the navy..lol..then after navy ...i was a married aerostar driver.lol
had two of them..well after i was through paying child support..(aha themarriage didn't work huh???.).I started to look for a ride..well i was initially (don't flame me) looking for an ss camaro....well I waited so long(for financial reasons)they quit making them...i was not a happy camper to say the least...well what do i do...start looking for used camaro's....no luck...then just out of a whim i started looking a mustangs...to my suprise the Mach 1 was back..I read a couple of articles about it and wasquite impressed..Decided i liked the zinc yellow best/. did an internet search.. received an email back...negotiated on the phone ...called my credit union...went and bought the car ...never test drove one...lol....NO REGRETS....revenge is sweet...there ya go DAD...badder than the original Mach 1..lol ..and i have a/c. p/s p/b cruise tilt 6cd changer...lol...can it get any better...13.142 on streets...haaa haaa...thank you ford...oh btw.. i drove to ohio when i first got the car ... and now my dad 68yrs eldo and goldwing driver is calling me telling me he is looking at cobras....lol
I LOVE IT....
281-656-2366
DoU12Rock is offline   Reply With Quote