View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 09:47 PM   #3
Bruisbe

Re: First AutoCross Race in the Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris09 View Post
Looks like you need some stickier tires. Also consider a set of Hawk HP+ pads for better braking. If you want less brake dust you can go with the HPS pads. While they don't stop as good as the HP+ pads they do generate quite a bit less dust. After riding in nekasrof's car a few times, I decided to go with the 2000 Cobra R front brake setup for even more braking power. Also consider weld in full length sub-frame connectors if you don't already have them. Avoid changing gears in the rear as that bumps you into the Street Mod class which you will need quite a bit more work to compete in that class.
Thanks for the advise...I had to get over the feeling of needing to smash the gas pedal at all times...That was by far my worst run of the day...Improved by a total of 6 seconds between my first run and my last run, Unfortunately my first and worst run was the only one that I could record because Im an idiot and forgot to make sure my dashcam was charged...

The class that I have been put in is the CAM (Classic American Muscle) class due to most of the suspension work and the fact that I do have 4.10's in it.

I am racing up in Moline Illinois on June 19th and while it will be a different course, I think I will be worlds better this time around just because I will have a better understanding on how to approach the course from the start!!!
Bruisbe is offline   Reply With Quote