View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 07:38 AM   #1
Bruisbe

First AutoCross Race in the Mach 1

So I found a local SCCA club here in Peoria Illinois that I decided to join because they had an event out in Mossville Illinois in the Caterpillar parking lot...

There were a total of 49 cars that showed up. Several Z06's, 350z's, and even a dodge viper...I was in heat 2 so I worked corner 2 of the track the first half of the day and seeing these cars speed by me literally 25 feet away was very awe inspiring.

After lunch I got my car prepped and headed over to the grid. NERVOUS AS HELL!!!! I had a total of 7 runs for the day, unfortunately due to user error on my part, I did not make sure my dash cam was fully charged so I only got my first run recorded.

Click Here for Video!!!

My first and worst run was 66.8 seconds.

I improved each run except for my 4th run when I got cocky in turn 2 and braked a little late and smoked a cone. I still ran a 63.2 that run so even with the 2 second penalty I was quicker than my slowest time.

My final and best run was a 60.685, so I improved on the track by about 6.2 seconds, which I am totally happy with. This was my first time ever legally racing/pushing the car to its limits and I had a wonderful time!!!

Already trying to plan the next event...lol
Bruisbe is offline   Reply With Quote