View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 11:24 AM   #62
87handmedown
Captain Ziptie

Re: Operation Rescue, 2004 Mach 1

Hello all and happy new year! Here's the current status, all put back together!

That's the first time in about two years (according to what I was told by the previous owner) that this car has not been in pieces. I was hoping to perform the first test drive this weekend, but terrible weather is forcing me to postpone that venture.

Instead, I'm replacing the driveshaft yoke seal on the transmission, and the pinion flange seal since both are seeping. I don't like leaks on vehicles. The door pins and bushings are also being replaced this weekend.

Once those items are completed, there really isn't anything left to do on this car besides test drive it, clean it up, and put it up for sale!

Two quick additional questions though, what's the best way to remove the backwards emblems so that the paint isn't damaged? Following that, how do you reattach them? You may have noticed that I said emblems, plural. I looked at the car closer after you guys pointed out that the drivers side emblem was backwards, and realized that I already had one... on the passenger side! Someone put them on the wrong sides of the car!
Michael Delaney: Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
87handmedown is offline   Reply With Quote