View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 11:13 PM   #2
Orange whip 04
Never Fear Smith Is Here

Re: FYI on exhaust systems

I would like to further elaborate in a few other areas. Since i already talked about the performance and sound aspect. I would also consider the fitment, cost and weight factors as well. Many manufactures are becoming better at the fitment game. Some of us iam sure suffered greatly while trying to install cat back systems and mid pipes. I dont want to get into the cost since that all varies between place to place but i think we all agree that affordable prices are what everyone wants. Everyone is always looking for a deal. Another factor for some is the wieght of a cat back system or mid pipe. I guess the only difference would be how much more metal one mid pipe has compared to another. Less weight might be more desireable for some while stainless steel is sought for non corrosive and durability. You could probably shed as much as 50 or 60 pounds by eliminating catted pipes and use a offroad pipe. Or perhaps an all aluminum exhaust system might be a benefit for weight reduction.
So, to recap, when we look into having an upgraded exhaust think about
Performance
Sound
Fitment
Cost
Wieght
It would be ideal to have all these qualitys in a cat back or mid pipe however, it is hard to find an all in one package that is true to what the manufacture says it is. Many have fitment problems with there system. So, do your home work guys.
Orange whip 04 is offline   Reply With Quote