Thread: D1SC build
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 01:52 PM   #1
FenixFallen
Newb

D1SC build

Hi all, I didn't start a thread when I began my build but now it's pretty much done. Here's what's in it:

Stock longblock, 85,000 miles
D1SC Procharger head unit, 4.15" pulley, bigger race intercooler, Big Red Race bypass valve
Anderson Power Pipe
ported/polished stock length intake manifold, Roy's 3/8" spacer
Accufab 60mm twin throttle body
Cobra 39lb injectors
NGK TR6 spark plugs
VMP 5000 slot style MAF
Lethal performance budget return style fuel system with twin 255lph Walbro pumps in tank.
MAC longtube headers,catless H pipe and catback, 2.5" pipes
PLX wideband
JLT catch can, both PCV ports routed into it and then into the intake pipe before the blower
Treadstone Vacuum block, Boomba check valves on everything except the fuel regulator.

I managed to get it all to hook up even with the 3 point strut brace with a 45 degree bend coupler at the throttle body. Had to grind a bit off the bumper support things like other people have, had to open up the hole into the fender to get the giant power pipe to fit with the pipe going into the intake manifold. Had to grind a bit of the shaker on the underside to make room for the coolant fill port, and fabricate my own shaker mounting brackets because the used kit didn't come with any. Also had to cut away some of my bumper underneath to make room for the plumbing.

Couple questions I have left:
There's a hose going into the intake manifold just under the throttle body which I'm assuming is part of the EVAP system. I had put a check valve on this line too but I noticed that the line going between the check valve and the tank has collapsed. I took the check valve out and it seems to collapse anyway with the car at idle. Is this line supposed to be check valved or not? It doesn't seem to idle any differently with or without the check valve, and ran fine with it in.

What should I expect to make power wise? I've got a dyno tuning appointment in a couple weeks, these guys specialize in mustangs so I don't think there's any danger. I'm just worried because I've read the stock engine internals can't handle much more than 475 rwhp reliably, so I'm hoping with the giant 4.15" pulley it'll only be somewhere between 400-450. on a different dyno, the car pulled 297 rwhp with no supercharger, just the intake spacer, exhaust, K&N filter and a tune from american muscle.

-Stock longblock, stock transmission, Procharger D1SC 4.15" pulley, Accufab 60mm TB, P/P intake manifold, full MAC exhaust, return style fuel system, Maximum Motorsports/Steeda suspension, Torsen T2R 31 spline diff

Red 2007 Focus ST, daily driver, 236hp/234tq @10psi
-FSWerks gt2871r kit, Cosworth intake manifold, FSWerks Stealth exhaust, FRPP lowering springs

Last edited by FenixFallen; 09-01-2017 at 07:09 PM.
FenixFallen is offline   Reply With Quote