View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 07:33 PM   #32
Mach1Canuck

DanK: Cats, yes it could affect them, but they really only handle a lot of unburnt fuel at startup anyways right? Before things have warmed up. And isn't there a pair of pre-cat oxygen sensors to help the computer tune the A/F ratio? Interesting to see if they compensate.
The advantage the having the RPM's drop more quickly, is that, I *HATE* how they stay where they are, or even increase when you go to shift gears. I did this to make the car act more *carburated*, less computer control y'know? I like to call the shots and let the car know when to add air/fuel. As a plus, the car sounds wayyy cooler when you let off the throttle (at least on a stick).

03ZincMach1: I could make you one as a direct copy of mine, the only thing I would be concerned with is that you would like the amount of *restriction* I use, like how fast the RPM's drop. I think it's like a personal preference thing. Also, the amount of mods you have on your car, will probably affect how much air the car needs (how big the hole might be), so what's great on my car, might make no difference, or just stall your car out. See what I mean? If I get ambitious soon, I'll just scan in a template that you could print and use to make the plate. By the way, it's not so much a *plate*, like you can bend this aluminum betwen two fingers, it's just stiff enough to work. But, let me know if you still want me to try.

Mach1Speed: Yeah, I'd probably remove it before the emissions test,you probably wouldn't fail a visual(if you did they're looking wayyy too close), but the smog test, unless your computer has learned to tweak the fuel (the jury is still out on whether it does), you might give off too much smog.

Burl: Warranty Issues, there could be, I'm not a Ford Engineer.. this could cause your airbags to deploy and your tires to deflate for all I know.. The only thing I know is, this fixed my hanging RPM problem, made the car sound cool, and ate up a Saturday afternoon(gave me an excuse not to mow the lawn).
Honestly though, As long as you are clean, don't get metal shavings in your intake, and don't break anything, I don't really see any problems.
But, as with anything else, I would remove this before running to your dealer with a blown engine and they cancel your warranty.

2003 Mustang Mach 1
Torch Red, 5-Speed
w/ IUP

Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda Sport Springs
UPR Adjustable LCA's
Offset Urethane Rack Bushings
Maximum Motorsports Full Length SFC's
Ford Racing 4.10 Ring/Pinion
JLT CAI
Ported/Polished TB/Upper Intake
PHP Intake Spacer
NGK TR6 Plugs, Gapped @ .050
MAC O/R Prochamber
Borla Stinger Exhaust
SCT Custom Tune

Last edited by Mach1Canuck; 06-07-2004 at 07:36 PM.
Mach1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote