View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 08:47 AM   #3
SparksMach1
Shitin 'n Gitin

Re: Cooling Issues / Temp Sensor Location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
That's the stock location so I don't think thats a problem.

As for the fan, find out from the tuner what your turn on temps are, let it idle up to that temp with the hood up. Once low speed comes on turn on the ac, should be easy to tell when high speed kicks on shortly after

So the stock sensor is right below the tube I'm talking about, looks like it's screwed into the front of the block. I drilled a hole in the top of the hard crossover tube, welded a nut on there, and then screwed in the temp sensor.
I guess there is something weird going on with it being in the top, since that part is the highest part of the cooling system.

With the AC on and idling, my coolant temp gauge was reading 228, with an IR temperature gun, the pipe the sensor was screwed into was reading 208, other various hoses were 174 and 191. Nowhere near what my gauge was reading.

With some super fancy scan tool they had up at JPC Racing (out here in MD), they hooked in and saw that my factory coolant temp sensor was reading 204 (while mine was reading 228).

So I need to relocate my coolant temperature sensor because the location it is in right now is apparently giving me a false reading. Where do you guys have your aftermarket sensors installed? Do you just have a T-fitting on the factory location?

442/435 @ the rear ALL MOTOR -Race Gas
FRPP BOSS 5.0 block, 10.6:1 compression, Manley H-Beams; Diamond flat-top pistons, P&P heads W/ 5-angle valve job & ARP Head studs, PP upper/lower intake, Comp Stage 2 N/A cams, FR500 springs, valves, and followers, Tube K with coilovers and Bilsteins, Kooks, Stingers, 2.97 T-56 Magnum, 31 Spline Superior axles & Auburn-pro dif, built battle boxes, KB BAP w/ 39lb injectors, and 4:10's.
SparksMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote