View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
jbrad88
Original Owner

Little Project coming up

Well, I have reached the point as most of us do, where the Mach is old enough that its time to start doing some of the larger maintenance items.

I am attacking the suspension. Specifically the ball joints and tie rods. I have already purchased the complete front LCA assemblies from MOOG and the tie rods as well.

Guess I am just looking for some thoughts and suggestions. I am going to go ahead and get some new ISO's for the front springs since they are coming out anyway when i remove the arms.

Thinking of replacing the rack bushings while I am there since the rack has to be loosened to get to the inner LCA bolt.

Springs are EIBACH pro's that have been in the car for 70k miles. I was thinking about replacing them, but can't convince myself that these things would be worn enough to worry about.

In the back, looking at replacing the UCA's and the bushing in the Housing. Pretty much convinced the Housing bushing needs to stay stock type.

Already did Lower LCA's last year and new iso's....

Just wanted to get some input and thoughts...

And just to be clear, the ball joints are not broken, but they are definately worn and I am also getting more vibration thru the steering wheel then I should be. (thus the tie rods too) nothing bone-jarring or teeth rattling, but noticeably more.

anyway...Car is 99.00% street driving...maybe a track event 1 or 2x a year...

03 Torch Red Mach 1
21 FJG Mach 1

Stainless Steel Systems Adrenaline Series
BBK long tube headers catted x pipe
18x9 18x10- Solid Gloss Black FR5's
Nitto 555 g2 275/35r18's 285/35r18
MGW Shifter With Mach1 Shift Knob
4.10's & 31 spline Mosers and 31 Spline Posi
Steeda Sport Springs Tokiko Illuminas
J@M weight Jacker LCA's
J@M Rear UCA's
J@M Braided steel brake lines