View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 06:29 AM   #13
j rick kirby

Re: Clutch/Transmission rattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGCracker View Post
I just ordered a bunch of **** that I hope will be the solution. Iwent on American Muscle and ordered the Exedy Mach 400 stage 2 clutch kit and the Exedy lightweight flywheel because if I'm gonna pull it and go this far might as well get all of it. Based on 311-420 and j rick kirby I ordered a new pivot ball and clutch fork both Ford parts because again, why not if in there. I added on a Ford performance pilot bearing and Ford performance throw out bearing. Last thing I got was a BBK replacement clutch cable, quadrant, and firewall adjuster kit. It cost roughly $900 for all of it so not a pleasant parting of money so I hope that this isactually whats wrong. I've been sitting here second guessing myself and wondering if i'll get it off and replaced and it ends up being something internal with gears or synchros, etc...

So based off the symptoms I've listed previously...any reassurances...lol?
Cancel the cable and get a stock replacement from Maximum Motorsports. Yes it's a big deal.
HPDE Instructor
j rick kirby is offline   Reply With Quote