View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #75
lxh89

Re: Under Drive Pulleys..and the problems they cause.

"Now on to the next topic of discussion, I want to tell you all about the Tornado Air. According to a well known mechanic named Sam Memmolo, co-host of Two Guys Garage, he supports the product. Clearly this is an indication of the validity and worthiness of the product.

Also, please don't complicate this discussion with statistics or request of any demonstrable proof. That's quite ridiculous because you would be questioning the word of a highly respected mechanic who has his own TV show. Surely one wouldn't be that bold? Think about all the kind folks that Sam has helped over the years with their car troubles. You might hurt Sam's feelings and he'll stop his TV show and won't help us with our problems any more--only a b@stard would try such a thing! Have I mentioned only a fool would question Sam? Oh yes I did, anyways...

In addition to that supporting evidence, I also offer further proof whereby the product was tested at a CARB recognized lab demonstrating an average increase of 1 to 2mpg. Again, please don't question the test methods because you would be questioning the results from a CARB recognized lab. Only a fool would do that!

Also, did I mention Sam's a great guy and would help anyone? Only a jerk would question him. We all know he's got more knowledge in one hair folicle than the sum of all people who ever lived aggregated and multiplied by a factor of 1,000,000. Therefore questioning Sam's opinion is a sure sign of how feeble minded you are. But anyways, back to the topic...."

In all seriousness, that characterization very well represents some of the positions I have seen taken on this topic. As ridiculous as the above scenario sounds, there are many parallels to some of the arguments I've seen made on the topic of underdrive pullies.

Tony

03 Oxford White Mach 1 - SOLD
1.72 60',10.932@131.60MPH, 3800# Raceweight
lxh89 is offline   Reply With Quote