View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #82
tr32valve

Re: Head differences

Wow. It has been a while since I checked out this post and was contesting the post about when 8-9 thread plugs had started being used. I also loved the explanation of stiochiometry. I still stand behind my posts. Pistons typically slap when cold not hot, aluminum is extremely conductive, even in an iron cobra motor as they also utilize alumimum heads (same as ours), oil thins out extensively when hot and could be a leading casue of the "dreaded tick" when these motors get hot due to excessive lifter bleed off. Valve guides that are excessivlely worn to the point of ticking typically cause a drop in cylinder pressure. Which I personally have not experienced due to the ticking in our engines, not to mention extremely worn valve guides will cause oil consumption, which isn't apparent either. This isn't to say someone else hasn't seen this but I have not. I want to state for the record that i am not calling anyone on here a liar or incompetent. I am merely stating facts through my 20+ years of experience. I have gobs of experience with mod motors, quad cam mod motors, diesel motors, ohv V-8's, motorcycle engines, marine engines, etc. I am ASE certified in 5 areas of automobile technology, have been through Fords transmission school, etc. My credentials are long and
tr32valve is offline   Reply With Quote