View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #21
shadowmaker

Re: Gas prices, just sticking it to use again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1tosh View Post
Be happy you don't live here in the country with the 2nd largest oil reserves on the planet yet we are paying over $5.50 a gallon. Feel like I've got a target on my

I got this off another forum but this guy has a good point.

"This is not meant to be a jab at anyone but we are paying a little more than you guys if you just factor in our insurance premiums/deductables/co-pays. My wife and I have to pay $120/week for insurance, $30/$55 Dr. co-pays (I'm a diabetic so I get alot of the $55 ones...), and $15/$30/$50 script co-pays (alot of the $50 co-pays...).
Figured it out with absolutely no Dr. visits, just insurance premiums and monthly medicines, at todays gas prices I am paying $6.18/gal or $1.65/lt. This doesn't include the deductable and the monthly meds are figured on 3-month supply mail order.
If you factor in the deductable (which we always meet and exceed) which is $750/person (total of $2250 for our family), but still no Dr. visits, you can adjust the gas prices up to $16.59/gal or $4.44/lt.
Maybe people out of this country should realize what they're getting for paying more in gas that we have to pay in addition to gas here."
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote