Thread: Need opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #11
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Re: Need opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
That splatty sound is the rasp I was talking about too. It continues throughout rpm range with x and h pipes too from everything I've seen in vids and in person. The cats will calm it down a lot. Full sized mufflers with packing like magnaflow, slp powerflo, steeda etc (not a chambered muff like flow or mac that doesn't have packing) will get rid of that splat all together. An offroad pipe with a chambered muffler will trade the splatty rasp sound for a coffee can sound. Sorta hard to explain the sound but similar to marbles in a coffee can. That sound only last between 2300rpm and 3000rpm then goes away with the chambered mufflers.

Sometimes what we hear inside the car is not the same as people outside the car hear. Best way to know would be having someone drive your car while you stand outside or make a vid yourself and watch it if you can't have someone drive it for you.
I do really like the sound of the full sized Magnaflows. It was my choice for a cat back, but I changed my mind when I found my Borla S-type on sale for $419 on Summit lol. I need to have someone drive my ride so I can hear in person. I've only heard in the car and at the very end of a flyby when I was decelling. I have actually thought about buying a catted midpipe, but it's low on the list, since we don't have inspections here. The main reason was to find something that didn't hang down as low as my O/R midpipe does.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote