View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
TKat13
Mach-T

TKat13's Mach1 Build Log

Figured I would share my on-going build log with the guys/gals at M1R, the folks here have seen my car go through most of its stages so why stop now.

Reason:
Car is slow.
(98k miles, still runs better than new, but still slow)

Logic:
I was either going to buy a new car or take that down payment and put towards rebuilding the Mach into the car I have always wanted. Eventually, I chose to apply the money to a rebuild. Bottom line, I have yet to get tired of the Mach, this is the first car that I have kept this long and I still enjoy it. Other than it being so slow. So, I am setting out to resolve the core issue I have with the Mach.

Answer:
Make it fast, but still retain daily driver status. It will be a real daily driver not one that could be a daily.

Budget:
Let's just say I have already blown the initial budget, it was set at 10k, lets just say it will be less than buying a new loaded GT. I am fortunate enough to have this opportunity but this is only because I have not had a car payment since 2009. I am the original owner. In other words, I have been saving for this moment.

Turning Wrenches:
I take pride in doing as much as possible myself to the car. However, I am also smart enough to know when it is best to enlist the experience of the pros. I would like to say I have done everything, but that is and will not be true. HPP in Lewisville has been a huge help in selecting parts, building the pieces of the puzzle that I cannot afford to mess up and of course Manny will be tuning it. However, I will do the install of everything in very cramped area of my garage.

Log Plan:
I will keep the next post updated with as many specifications as possible. If I change my mind as I have done many times then I will update the main post of the log. Well, that is the idea anyway.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote